Friday, April 22, 2011

April 2nd-Day 1 POST-OP

I am still in a lot of pain but the meds are helping now.I am still taking Phenergan because I am still nauseated and sticking with clear liquids until the nausea goes away. i have been able to get my pain under control and am continuing to take the pain meds on a strict schedule. I think i have strained my stomach muscles though because they are very sore. I am using the mucsles more since I cant put any weight on my leg. I called the doctor on call for my surgeon to the doc on call and he told me to take 2 benadryl 30 minutes before the pain pills. He said that the Benadryl will make the pain meds and Phenergan work better since my doctor doesnt want me to have anything stronger. if cant get the pain under control that I am to go to the er and get a pain shot. He also had me loosen the ace wrap underneath my brace to relieve some of the pressure from the swelling. So post op meds are a 10 milligram Flexeril every 8 hours, Norco  10/325-every 4 to 6 hours, Benadryl 50 milligrams every 4 to 6 hours, Phenergan 25 milligrams every 6 hours and Ibuprofen  800 milligrams in between doses of Norco and the other meds. Pain was probably an 8 on a 1 to 10 scale all day yesterday

No comments:

Post a Comment